12.28.2002

So after alot of cajoling, empty promises and the covenant that if anything happened to his beloved I would make amends with the soul of my first born, I managed to wheedle the PS2 out of my (lovely) older brothers possession and into my clutches for the next week.


It's like having a redheaded stepchild to entertain you but with the whole bound-in-the-closet thing.


He was apprehensive at first, worried about it being trampled on or lost, which I told him was just silly because I'm the most responsible person he knows. After convincing him that the only reason why I never beat games when I do play them (PS/PS2 game playing falls under my 'Blue Moon' catagory) is because certain parties take them away from me before I ever get the chance, he gave up. Now I can play and beat Fatal Frame to my little black hearts content. Want to know something extremely sad? I've had the Playstation to myself for three days now, and haven't even turned it on. That in a nutshell is the whole reason I've never bought one, becides the fact that it plays DVDs, the lure of playing games isn't strong enough for me. Unless people start making more games that don't involve Barbie or sniper rifles, I probably never will get one.


Oh well.


I ran out to The Book Bin today. The Book Bin is a small Northwest chain that mixes a little bit of Borders with some local used book store love, combining all the greatness of new titles with the ohmigod of being able to buy those titles at three-to-whatever bucks off the cover price. They also carry rare and hard to find books, and if they don't have it, they'll get it for you. The Salem store covers two floors of a lovely building right smack downtown and I'd live in their basement if they'd let me.


I did some browsing, and found a couple titles I couldn't find at Borders when I was there yesterday (and some I did, but cheaper at Book Bin), and some I wasn't even looking for. I'm going to pack up a box and take it in to exchange for some store credit, and move some of the library that has burrowed its way into my garage out on it's hiney. It wouldn't be so bad if 80% of the books that have been abandoned on me didn't have the redolence of a backed up sewer pipe in July. I just hope that the Book Bin is less harsh then I am. `Cause I need more books, man.

No comments: