6.13.2003

Did I tell you all that I got OHP? Do you all care? Probably not, but let me be a boring Blogger for a bit and dribble on about stuff in my boring personal life. You know this is why I have a blog right? Yeah. It's so I can bore you to sleep and then steal your electronics and underwear.


When I went for a fun visit in the ER last month (which, for those who really want to know, was much more fun because the ER was empty, but sucks because I was too busy embarassing myself by vomiting all over it to notice) I got billed close to eleven-hundred dollars for the little feildtrip. I was at that point, insurance-less. This caused great problems in my happy little bubble of a universe. I already owe close to four thousand dollars in hospital bills (hopefully they'll forget about them?) and my credit is pretty much going to be ruined because I don't have any way to pay a zillion dollars in bills.


It wasn't that good for me, I shouldn't have to pay!


After the last ER trip the hospital sent me an Oregon Heath Plan request packet. I fill it out, send it to OHP and they approve me and prorate it back to 24 hours before the ER trip so yours truly dosen't go to jail for theft of services.


I sent it in. They approved it. They didn't prorate it. I didn't notice. I sent the bills back. I'm not covered for May.


So now, I get to give the lovely OHP people a call on Monday and try and finagle a May insurance card out of them. I really hope they do it because, I don't think I can do many more rounds of Who-Can-Screw-Jamie-Hardest.


It really, really is not all that fun.

No comments: