6.22.2004

I am being struck with the urge to travel, especially to travel overseas. Partly inspired by the disgusting friends I have who are currently or were just recently on trips and sent me postcards, I'm also drawn by the fact that I really like traveling and want to try my hand at some international stuff.

I love exploring new places (I get lost in every new town I go to on purpose, it drives some people I know nuts), and seeing new things. I want more culture and I really feel like traveling is something I need to do before I hit Med school anyway. It's a need, I can't explain it, but I really feel I have to do some traveling very soon.

Traveling is also one major factor in my choice to apply for the Peace Corps in 2006, not because it's an easy way to travel (I'm not that deluded) but it will offer me a chance to see another culture while fulfilling my bizarre need to be of service.

Traveling will also be a great way to take a break from the circumstances and situations around me, to walk away and come back with a fresh perspective on stuff. It'll be cleansing, I need that.

So perhaps it's time to start planning something. Some trip that will just be relaxing and fun and maybe involving hostels and backpacks. Any suggestions on good places to go, and cheap ways of doing it?

Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 92

No comments: