9.15.2001

Someone left a comment about my 'bombing' post (Thanks...I love comments, just please keep them nice, alright? I would never attack you...I just ask the same in return. And no, this person didn't attack me...it was for whoever it is out there who wants to...I see you! I love ya anyway. ::grin:: ) asking me if I had a better solution.


Honesty is the best. No, I don't.


I'm a Childcare provider honey, I know what it's like to deal with people who are so set in their ways anything short of Jesus' second coming wouldn't make them change their minds. I know what it's like to work with people who'll take everything you can give, and stab you in the back just as fast. No, I'm not super woman, I don't have all the answers, and I can't make people see things they don't want to. (If I could, I'd stop my feet, do a dance, smack them all with my fairy wand and call it even. But I'm not a fae, and lord knows I can't dance...so there goes that idea.) I know they think the way think is correct, (And I'm not one to say 'you're wrong, I'm right' I'm just saying violence of any kind shouldn't happen...) and I can't change their minds. As much as I hate to say it, our collective society isn't ready to move past violence as the answer, so hence, violence seems to be the only way they can deal with this right now.


Dosen't mean I agree.


I'm not stupid, or naive (Check it out! I can spell it!) in the least, I'm also very open minded and non-judgemental. (Well...I try, I try VERY HARD. I hate the idea of hurting anyone because of disrespect to the things they deserve. I deseve to not be hurt because of my views, so they do too. I'm by no means a saint...::snicker::...heaven probably is scared to death of the day I'll come around, but I still try.) I know they have reasons for what they're doing, and they believe those reasons to be right, just as we do. I know you can't sit down over tea and be good natured and come to a stable ground. Ain't gonna happen. No sewing bees for this lot.


I don't control their goverment, or their history, or their religion. Their way of life is much, much older then ours, so I have no right to demand they change the way they are. I don't have the right to demand ANYONE change the way they are.


It dosen't mean I agree.


I can only hope.


Oh...I also know they probably never (or very rarely) have childcare over there, it was used as an example of something deeper. :) Perhaps childcare provider wasn't the right word, how about nanny. I'm sure the weller-to-do families have them, don't they? What's the persian word for nanny anyway?


----


On a totally different note! I FINALLY got the number for Shirley Peters (one of the authors of 'The Town Under One Roof') I'm going to contact her Monday on the possibility of resale in Hot Lake's store. This is something I've been asked about since I had the Geocities site open, so hopefully she says yes. I'll give her half the sales, of course...it would only be right.


So, cross those fingers, I really want to offer this. I'm giving one away, actually, at the opening on Halloween. So if you REALLY want a copy, and can't find one for sale anywhere else, stop buy and fill out a form. You never know, you might win...and I'm giving away some other neat stuff too...`cause I'm kewl like that. (Well, I like to think so...anyway.)


Cass has abandoned me for Las Vegas, so that means I'm in charge of The Warriors all by myself. Kim is OL because of her wedding...::giggle:: so lets see how bad I mess up this time. I am NOT a score girl, I'm the behind the scenes do everything else girl. The scores scare and confuse me...can you say...math?


Gives me shivers just thinking about it.


No comments: