5.13.2002

Since the state has done everything in their power to keep this (and other incidents and things) out of the media, I'll report it.



A few weeks back a woman in Linclon City was attacked at her Home Childcare by a non custodial parent on drugs trying to steal the child. The woman did everything she could to keep this parent from entering the home, and in the process was horribly beaten. The 911 tape clearly has the non-costodial parent screaming 'Where are your knives bitch, I'm going to cut you up.'


A week later, insted of assisting her, the State of Oregon Childcare Division closed her childcare and fined her stating that she promoted a potentaly hazardus enviorment for children.


First, let me say that my personal opinion on this is once again the state has failed the childcare profession. The State of Oregon CCD spreds lies, runs a disorganized and irrational system, and promotes basicly, filth, to the general public to keep Childcare in a bad light. Insted of fixing the problem, they do everything they can to force the professionals in this business to quit so that the state can completely regulate state institutions that will be used for childcare.


Secondly, I'm tired of the media sucking up the state/parent side insted of talking to the people who actually do this job.

"It's too expensive", "We don't get good care", "They're all abusive", "If they ask for money, they're not good childcare providers!".

I'm tired of Time and Parent and all these other magazines and papers reporting that we're just a bunch of people who are responsible for the anger in young children and don't do good jobs.


They report the lone woman who was arrested for abandoning her childcare children, and ignore the woman who was closed by the state because her neighbor had a pool, or the dozens of woman who are physicly and verbally assaulted every year by clients who don't wish to pay their bill, or parents who don't have custody of the children. In the six years we've been in this area, I have been listed on over a dozen different restraining orders as a person to protect, and none of them were filed by me. I've been verbally assaulted by drunks, drug addicts, and physicly abusive men, and every single one of them were parents of a child in our care, and every single one got away with it because the state wants to 'protect the parents'. Yet, they got to turn around and report me with false claims to the state, and the state deems me the bad guy.

I've watched parents come to blows in our driveway over drugs, I've seen parents beat their children, I've seen blantant neglect and abuse, and not a single thing was done.


Why? Because the state has admited to me, that 'until they kill them, we won't do anything. But we'll come after you, because it looks like we are doing something'.


Oh joy, lord how I do love my job.


Now, please don't cringe and say you'll never move to Oregon. This is everywhere in the US. In fact, Oregon is one of the better states. It's a nationwide problem that's recieving nothing but cover ups and deaf ears. We're just Babysitters right? It's not a real job. I take care of your kids, I've got the most important job in the world.

Anyone else think it sad that 99% of the US population don't view their childrens care as important? Their children aren't people, their children are things they own. They don't want thier children, they could care less.


Think I'm being extreme? Nope, it's how it is...come to my job for a month. You'll see.


Ahha..I didn't think so. It's amusing to me, how everyone who bitches about us, wouldn't do this job. Who would? We only get 72 cents an hour.


There are, as in every profession, people who shouldn't be doing this because they're not good for the children. But, there is no reason that the garbage that goes on in this profession should continue any longer. No one out there but childcare providers know the truth about what's going on in this business. The public would be outraged if they knew the truth, that's why the state has laws like the federal one 'it's illegal to talk to any other childcare provider'. Did you know that? Yep..we can go to federal prision if we speak to another person who does childcare. Oh, exept, of course, in the state ran support groups.


I want to fix it, but I want out more...is that bad of me?

No comments: