11.11.2006

The third day of my beautiful four day weekend is going smashingly.

I didn't wake up until noon, and if you know me, you know that things like that don't happen to me. In fact, it's practically unheard of. I can't remember the last time I slept past eight, but to sleep until noon? At first I wondered if I'd finally caught the big one, the virus that was going to kill me and I was only hallucinating the time and pretty soon my brain would pop from the fever, but in reality, I think I was just so very tired that I needed the rest. It was nice. I like sleep. I missed it.

We had a NaNoWriMo write-in today, it went awesomely as always. I keep saying it because it's true, I have the best Wrimos an ML could ask for. Not only are the phenomenally talented and punctual, but they're so darn funny. They always keep the meetings enjoyable, which is good, because lord knows I'm the biggest stick-in-the-mud ever, and nobody likes being around me.

I only got about 500 words written, but it was still fun. I'm about 7000 behind, which I hope to have taken care of before the weekend is over. My goal is to hit 20k, so that Monday will be ok if I don't get any writing done during it. This will happen, because I am lazy. So it's better to admit I'm lazy and be prepared, then it is to fight it.

After the Write-In a group of about 12 of us went and saw "Stranger Than Fiction" which was a totally cute and perfect movie for November and NaNo. It was a lot better then I thought it was going to be, I greatly enjoyed it, plus, I have ideas that I can steal and put into my own novel now. Go me.

NaNoWriMo 2006 Novel: Biophone Current Wordcount: 11,500/50,000

No comments: