2.26.2004

I collect Wade Whimsies, and have since I was about two. They're figurines manufactured by George Wade Pottery. They come in boxes of Red Rose tea, and have for decades, and they're totally cute. I didn't realize that so many other people collected them, and you know what else? I didn't realize that other countries (Canada, UK) had other series I didn't have. I want them now! They're so adorable!

These are the series I currently have. I in fact, have about 200 figurines (thanks to my Grandfather and Robin, who both bought the tea and gave me the cute figures) and so I've probably got doubles or triples of each series. (You know a single figurine sells anywhere from 5 to 25 dollars each? AH! That's more then the box of tea cost!)

I love these things, how can you not? It's like the prize you get in a cereal box. You get yummy tea, and a little present too! Got to love it.

No comments: