Crunchyroll and I are currently having a love affair. If you've never been to CR you should check it out. It's a site where you can stream all sorts off good stuff from Asia. Dramas, Movies, Anime, and they've got tons of it, so there is always lots of hot Asian guys...I mean, stuff to watch. All happy and subtitled so I know what's going on, which is pretty important I guess. I mean, when I'm paying attention and not drooling over the cute actors.
I've been watching Dramas all summer. There are so many pages of them that I feel like I'll never catch up. It's alright though, because most of it is better then 90% of what's on TV this summer anyway. The summaries of some of the shows are strange and vague at times, so I've found that watching the first couple of episodes is the only way to decide on if a series is worth finishing or not. Watch out for the comments too, they're often no help and full of spoilers.
If you're looking for something to start you out in the wide world of ADramas, I recommend these five, which are my current top five favorite of all time:
5) Nodame Cantabile - Adorable and funny JDrama about a student at a music school who falls in a crazy obsessive love with another student, and their struggles with life, school and their futures.
4) Devil Beside You - Girl gives love letter to wrong guy, girl falls for guy, girl finds out guy is future step-brother. Antics, angst, great acting and a sweet love story ensue. I'm a sucker for the romances, what can I say?
3) H2 - Unfortunately this has been removed from CR, but it's still a great story and if you can find it, I recommend watching it. Lots of good comedy, romance (sorry guys) and sports (there! See! I'm not a complete lost cause).
2) Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e) - Mizuki Ashiya, a Japanese girl from America, idolizes Izumi Sano, a high jumper from Japan. He quits the high jump, however, and Ashiya decides to disguise herself as a boy to attend the all-boys school in Japan he goes to, and convince him to jump again. This one is too cute.
1) Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2 - Also been removed from CR (cry) but can be watched elsewhere if you're crafty with Google. This is my current all time favorite series. Both seasons are great. A story about a poor girl who attends a rich school and gets targeted by rich boys who run the school. It eventually develops into good time angst romance. Yay! Watch in small doses, otherwise your heart might not take all the crying and gooshyness.
I also recommend Lunch Queen, Nobuta Wo Produce, Attention Please, Great Teacher Onizuka and It Started With A Kiss and it's second season. So turn off the bad summer reality shows, and watch cute cute Asian Dramas. You'll thank me, I promise.