7.31.2008

Went back to work at The Book Place yesterday, I'm in Customer Service proper this time around, and so I spent a half-day yesterday in training. The rest of this week is half-day trainings as well. Unfortunately 99% of what I'm being trained to do I already know how to do, so it's a bit repetitive. But I'm getting paid to sit around and listen to someone talk, so I can't complain about that.

My Co-ML Hannah is also working there, which I think is going to be a lot of fun. She's such a great person and I really think she'll like the job.

I picked up my SH ID yesterday. I'm now official and can magically open locked doors with the power of my badge. What's super dorky is I'll probably swipe cards, just to see if I can get the doors to open. I'm on my ER shift starting next week, and I hope to start my First Aid/CPR/AED trainer training next week as well.

My living room looks like a storage unit vomited on it. I'm going through everything for a fund raising sale that I'm organizing for later in August, and trying to get some stuff together (six boxes so far, people) of stuff to donate to it. If you're local and have things that you want to donate to help our NaNoWriMo Region raise some funds to function this fall, send me a note and let me know. We'll come pick it up and your donation is tax deductible.

No comments: