10.03.2001

"You must check children in.


Leaving children without checking them in with Robin's Nest Childcare staff is consitered abandonment in the State of Oregon and will be reported to Childrens Services as such"


That's a lovely notice I was forced to print this morning because we have a couple of clients who are prone to leave their children without checking them in. (Outside, dropping them off at the curb, ect) Which is VERY illegal and against our rules.


We also have one that has left her child a few times when we aren't even OPEN.


It scares me, the irrisponsibility of people who have children these days.


---


One of my younger brothers has a birthday coming up on the 4th. He's turning 14. (They get so big so FAST!) He's a really great kid, we've gotten alot closer the last few months. He's got a totally warped sense of humor..that's probably why we get along so well.


He came over last night...and spent 20 minutes helping me try to catch one of my cats that got outside. (I have a huge oak tree in front of my house, home to hundreds of squirrels. I'm a total wench for not letting them go outside and tame their wild nature and hunt them. Nope, they have to pretend hunt them from my livingroom window. I'm such a bitch.)


We finally caught her, and she got a long lecture about not going outside. (Yes, I talk to my cats like their people. Ally thinks it's hysterical. "You actually talk like they understand you!" "Yeah, so?" "But their cats!" "SO? You're from the south and I still talk to YOU like you're coherent don't I?" ::runs:: No offense to southern people...) My other cat (Boots) sat in the window the whole time meowing. She wanted outside too, she didn't think it was fair.


Tough titties...no outside for you kitty!


I'm so funny. ::rolls her eyes::


Anyway..back to my brother. He wants a few things for his birthday that should be reasonably easy to get. (Easier so if I had money...but...hey...whatcha going to do?) He wants the 6th book in that series by Terry Goodkind...which he got inadvertantly hooked on because of me. (Oddly enough, I didn't care for it) He wants a cookbook, a couple movies, and a PS2.


I can do like...4 out of 5.


I'm going to bake him a cake, (No, I'm not going to dig the one I threw away out of the garbage and ice it. What kind of sister do you think I am?) and have some balloons delivered to school for him. (Leaving false messages? Jamming toilets? No no no, the best way to aggrivate school administration is to have crap delivered in the middle of fourth period.)


His dad (See: nutcase) sent him birthday presents. Get this, it's like...so touching. He sent him all his own stuff back to him.


Yep...beats the rocks he gave them for Christmas one year. (Yes, he gave them rocks...driveway gravel. He showered with it too...creeped me out.)


Sent him an old fishing rod of my brothers, a reel of his that dosen't work, an easter egg full of his money, (14 bucks of which he took OUT of the egg, and put in my brothers card. Because my brothers dad borrowed it one time, and thought it would be great to just repay my brother with my brothers own money...yeah.) and sent him an almost-expired fishing license that he bought himself two years ago.


Is that a Fathers love or what?

No comments: