12.19.2002

I found the peice of music. It's "At Dawn" from the William Tell Overture. Aren't you glad I found it? I am, now I can get that flash thing done.



Since I've still got Preschool songs on the brain, I leave you with my (long winded!) version of "Boom Boom, Ain't It Great To Be Crazy?" Complete with finger/body movements (for those of you into those sort of things)


What's that? Oh. You're welcome.


Boom Boom, Ain't It Great To Be Crazy?

A Horse a Flea and Three Blind Mice, [Hold one finger up for the horse, one for the flea, and three for the mice]

Sat on a curbstone shooting dice, [Squat like you're sitting, shake your fist like you're shaking dice - parents love that]

The Horse he slipped and fell on the Flea, [Teeter like you're going to fall while flapping your arms, and then lean on the person next to you standing while standing on one foot]

"Whoops" said the Flea "There's a Horse on me!" [Shrug and give the person leaning on you a little push]


Chorus:

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Way down south where banana's grow, [Point south, peel an imaginary banana]

A Flea stepped on an Elephants toe, [Lightly step on your neighbors toe]

The Elephant cried with tears in his eye, [Fake cry]

"Why don't you pick on someone your size?"[Shake your finger at the person who stepped on your toe]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Way up North where there's ice and snow, [Point North, and shiver]

There lived a penguin his name was Joe, [Walk like a penguin]

He got so tired of black and white, [Make disgusted faces]

That he wore pink slacks to the dance last night. [Show off your pink slacks]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Eli, Eli he sells socks, [Pull up your pant legs and show people your socks]

A dollar a pair a nickle a box, [Pull out your 'wallet' and count your 'money']

The longer you wear `em the shorter they get, [Stretch really high then shrink really low]

Throw `em in the washer and they don't get wet. [Shake around like you're a washing machine]



Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Late last night I had a real strange dream, [Close your eyes and act like you're sleeping]

Ate a nine pound marshmellow my Mom gave me, [Pretend to gobble up marshmellows]

When I woke up I knew something was wrong, [Wake up, look really worried]

I looked around and saw my pillow was gone. [Look around, scream]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


I bought a suit of combination underwear, [Put your 'underwear' on]

Guaranteed not to rip or tear, [Try to rip or tear your underwear]

I wore them six months and to my consternation, [Hold your nose]

I couldn't get them off I'd lost the combination. [Pull on your clothes]



Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


I take a swim in my swimming pool, [Swim]

I jump from the board 'cause that's the rule, [jump up and down]

I hit my head on cement and mortar, [Rub your head]

Forgot to look - there was no water. [Slap yourself on the forehead]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


That one-eared cat who used to sit, [Squat, cover one ear]

Watching Grandma rock and knit, [Rock back and forth, knit]

Swallowed a ball of bright red yarn, [Pretend to swallow yarn]

And out came kittens with red sweaters on. [Pretend to pet kittens]



Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Way up north and a long way off, [Point North]

The Emu's got the whooping cough, [cough]

He coughed so hard with that loud hard cough, [Cough really hard, fall to the ground]

That he coughed his head and his tail right off. [Cover your head and your tail]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


There was an old doctor and his name was Peck, [Pretend to be a doctor]

Fell down the well and broke his neck, [Fall to the ground]

Served him right, he was doing wrong, [Shake your finger, lots of finger shaking in this song]

Should have tended to the sick, and let the well alone. [Groan, that was bad, that dosen't even rhyme, sue the writer]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


I call myself on the telephone, [Pretend to talk to someone on the phone]

Just to hear my musical tone, [Talk to yourself]

I ask myself for a heavy date, [Well, ask yourself already]

And I pick myself up at half past eight. [Pretend to drive your car, get out, and get back in]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


I love myself. I think I'm grand, [Pat yourself on the back]

When I go to movies, I hold my hand, [Hold your hand]

I put my arm around my waist, [Put your arms around yourself]

And when I get fresh, I slap my face. ['slap' yourself]


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy?

Giddy and foolish the whole day through.

Boom, boom ain't it great to be crazy.


Told you it was long. There are variations on all those lyrics I've seen, as well as a few more 'animals ate this' lyrics. That's about as far as you can go before kids (I) get really sick of it.

No comments: