6.19.2003

Every day I play head owner of Jamie's Delivery Service and run errands all over town. Since it's summer, the majority of these errands have been favors for other people dropping off or picking up their children (letters, forms, stuff) from here and there. The last week or so I've been making twice daily trips out to the Knudson B&GC, because every child I know and their sixth cousin twice removed best friends sisters roomate go out there. They're pretty kewl, I went out there when I was a kid, and they've changed a whole lot. The security is tighter (no more skipping off campus to travel the neighborhood), they don't allow violent or innapropriate behavor, and they're very strict about things like theft. This is good, it makes me feel better about abandoning a giggle of teen (and pre teen) kids out there for the day.


They run feild trips every half hour, and have a slue of activities going on all the time. It's like camp, without the $600 bill attached. It's a good program and a good way to keep bored children occupied for a while so I can get work done without a bunch of I'm bored
every thirty seconds.


Anyway, every day I go over and park down the street from the Club (parking is bad, by the way. The club is situated in the middle of a neighborhood so you have those fun overly narrow neighborhood streets that residents insist on parking on insted of their driveways.) and I parked in the shade in front of someone's house. There were two girls standing outside on the sidewalk near the curb talking to a boy on a cell phone. (I have a bad habit of evesdropping. I seriously don't do it to be nosy, I just sit there and all these conversations float into the car. It isn't my fault! Becides, person to person dynamics in real life makes the best character input.) I'm assuming it was one of the girls fathers that came outside, and her friend (I'm assuming they were friends because this girl called her mom on the cell, telling the other girl she had to call her mom) said something teasingly to him about putting a shirt on, and he screamed "If you don't like it, get the fuck off my sidewalk." and stormed across the street.


I kind of thought it was sad and a bit embarassing for the poor girls, and well, stupid. Can't you think of a better way to talk to children? Not only that, but someone who isn't even your own child?


Hrrrm....there are cops outside...I'll be back later.



No comments: