6.20.2003

Last night I dyed Lane's hair, it turned out this extremely pretty light blond with strawberry highlights. She's not quite sure she likes it, probably from the shock of having it different. (it's normally a very dark blonde, so it's not that drastic of a change.) It looks really good on her, especally since she's fair skinned. I'd forgotten how retched that stuff smells, I remember now why I stopped dying peoples hair for them.


I was at Fred Meyers today, buying vaccum cleaner bags, and there was a man riding around the parking lot on a bike while wearing a cape. It was very very interesting. I really should start packing a digicam around with me, I see the most amusing things when I don't have it.


Hit some yard sales after leaving Freddy's, but didn't get anything fun. One was an Estate sale, I always feel rotton going to those, like I'm digging through someone's life they worked so hard to collect that's just getting tossed away. I feel like I'm committing some inexcusable violation to someones dear old mum. I always walk through them apologizing under my breath to the deceased about touching their things. I guess I do it in the hopes that if they're hovering around that disgusting pink dining room set with the matching place mats and coasters or the weird plastic dolls with crocheted dresses that I cringed at, they'll forgive me. I know they don't care (and if they do, they seriously need to get past it) but I still feel bad. It's raining now so there goes any more yard sales for the rest of today. I suppose it's for the best, I do have work to do. It's cruddy though, I don't want to work, I want to go waste all my time. Since, after all, it's my time to waste.


By the way, if you were wondering about the police. Someone in the neighborhood's house alarm goes off all the time for no reason whatsoever. So, of course the cops are extremely quick to respond to a false alarm, but give them a real situation and they fail horribly. They also find it necessary to park right in front here on the corner, or down in front of my house, which is unnerving, nobody likes to see police parked in front of their house, even when they know they've done nothing wrong. Of course I know they do this so people who ARE doing things wrong won't see them, but....still.

No comments: