1.06.2003

I'm heading out in a bit to do something I've been waiting to do for a very long time. I'm going downtown to drop off menus and a termination letter to the USDA Food Program canceling their services to our company. It's pretty sad that someone would be so excited over telling that organization to get lost, but I am, and it's a good thing.

Yay.

After years of dealing with them, I disentangle myself from their nonsense with the same solid beliefs that I had when we started; that they are tredding the water between buoys named worthless and bothersome. The program itself could have wonderful benifits for all the parties involved, but with like everything else in the wide world of Childcare, it does nothing but suck rancid, lumpy gravy.



After I'm done with that little personal milestone, I'm heading off to Portland (in the wee hours of the A.M. no less) to pick up Shauna, Fred's dog, from the airport. Shauna is being flown all the way from Orlando to move in with me, (No poor doggy jokes) because circumstances aren't allowing her to live with Fred, or anyone else nearby. So I offered to take er so that she didn't end up at the Humane Society or worse. Her flight left a few hours ago, and poor Fred is missing her something awful. (So go over and leave him a nice comment, you hear?)


I'm not sure if I'll have her for one month or sixty, it all depends on how things turn out. But for now, she's staying with me, and so I'm Miss Shauna's personal long-term/short-term Doggysitter.



Yep...Doggysitter. Check it out, I'm movin' up in the sitting world.


Sidenote: New layout coming soon. Guess it's time to take my Christmas decorations down. It's the 6th, after all.

No comments: