2.07.2005

I landed a snazzy "A" on my Zoology mid-term that I was completely convinced I had gotten a "C" or worse on. I mean, I had brainwashed myself beyond a doubt that I had bombed it worse then any girl has bombed anything in the existence of forever. I'm not exaggerating, I wouldn't do that to you. Needless to say, I was shocked. I was shocked enough that I said something that could be interpreted as vaguely foul in front of my professor. Then when I told him I was sure it was going to be a "D" and he just laughed at me and told me he didn't think so. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but hey...I got an "A"!

While we're on the subject of grades, what is with this +/- system thing. It drives me batty. My Zooprof doesn't do it, but one of my ECE professors do, and it's worthless. Worthless, I tell you. She doesn't even put points-out-of on your paper, just a grade and then a +/-. How am I supposed to keep track of my current grade in the class, when +/- can totally mess up your accumulative grade? It can. Just give me points! If the points are above 90% then I got an A. It's simple math, which is about all I can do anyway, so don't make it harder on me! An A is an A is an A. Don't hash it up inside the grade like a nit-picker, just let me get what I earned. Damnit.

Plus, it really bugs me to see "A-". It wasn't good enough for a full blown "A", it has to have a negative attached? Especially when I'm in a class about how to develop a healthy child by being positive and supportive structures in their lives. I don't know about the rest of you, but it certainly hurts my feelings and stagnates my intellectual growth when I'm given a minus. I'm sorry, but I just don't think I can do that paper right now, my insides are crying.

HotD:


Bottles are missing.
Where have they gotten off to?
Did you steal them all?


No comments: