11.25.2007

I had this whole post written. It was witty! It was insightful! Then Blogger wonked out and deleted it.

It's a shame, because it was really good. Not like that other junk I post here. Now you're going to be stuck with the same old nonsense.

We had the All State Write-In yesterday, and I think it went pretty well. We had about seven Salem Wrimos who braved the cold to go down to Eugene for the day. We had maybe 15 - 17 in attendance total. I didn't get much writing done. I could blame it on the Wrimos and how distracting they are, but it would be a lie. It's really because I'm a lazy schlub.

The best thing about the ASWI (Yeah, yeah, I know) was the fact that we had a few Regions in attendance. Which means that people are willing and interested in traveling for this event. This is great to know, so now we can really plan some good stuff for next year.

During the ASWI Tiff, Sav and I slipped out and saw Labyrinth at the Bijou Theater. I know it's old, and I've seen it before, and I paid less for it on DVD then I did to get into the theater, but how can you pass up seeing David Bowie in spandex on the big screen? You can't, that's what I thought.

I don't have any due work or class work today or tomorrow, so I'm putting off everything that is due later this week and next week during Finals to write 20,000 words. Will I do it? Probably not. But talking big about doing it is almost as good as doing it, right?

HotD:

My house is cold man,
My fingers are 'icles now,
And that ain't sexy.

No comments: