9.14.2001

I was asked what "bombing" is. It was bound to happen, working with two to eight year olds all day long every day...the news is always on, I suppose there was no way the kids would turn blind eyes. It always seems they like to watch it more when somethings getting blown up, or someones getting hurt. I remember once, a Nightmare on Elm Street movie was on, and I was flipping, and landed on it. I didn't leave it there to leave it there, I left it there because something distracted me before I could change it.


I remember the kids only paid attention to it the minute a parent walked in the door. Whoops, busted.


Anyway....
Anthony, who's four, was watching the TV so intently I thought his eyes were going to drop out of his head. Turned to me right after someone mentioned bombing, and said in his little voice 'what's bombing?'


Em..ah..er..splutter...splutter. "Bombing is when they drop explosives from airplanes" needent get into the people who stash them in buildings, not at four. No, let's avoid that one...wait till your six son, then ask your mom.


"Well...do we bomb people?"


Erm...ahh...squirm..."Sometimes"

"Why?"

Blink....oh...damn
How the hell am I supposed to answer something I don't even know? I don't know why we bomb, to me a life is a life, it's something no one should have the right to take away. I don't think we should bomb over there, and kill people who were just as innocent as the people in America were. I don't agree with eye for eye, nuke `em, it's the only way they'll learn, because at the bottom of it all, at the very end of the world, we're all the same. We're all people.


I can't say it's because we're protecting ourselves...because...because...I don't want anyone taking Anthony the way they took lives back east....that's true, but I'm sure in some daycare over on that side of the world, there's a provider who dosen't want her Anthony taken eaither, and she thinks they're just protecting themselves too.


No comments: