9.24.2001

I've found you have the most disturbing dreams when you're sick. Stranger then normal, more disconnected and erratic. I'll blame it on the tempature and the sleepy-pills I took. (I hate taking meds, it makes me feel...polluted.) Dingy, frustrating, astounding, kiddie-germ-factory induced dreams, that's the fun I had all weekend while I hid in bed. I hate getting sick.


The first was one that wasn't odd enough that it bothered me, only enough that I raised my mental eyebrows to it a couple of times before I rolled over, clamed the pillow down on my head and went back to sleep.


I'm sleeping. Astounding, isn't it? I wake up to the sound of crying from my living room, dragging my lazy sick self out of bed, I decide to investigate. After all, crying in my living room is odd. The hallway between my bedroom and the living room is short, about two feet long, but since this is a dream, and everyone knows dream hallways are always longer, this is about ten feet long. Panneled in the wood that pannels my Grandmothers house, not mine, strangely enough. Blond wood...sealed with something that makes it look like it was put through a laminator, on the floors and walls. Very very cold on my feet. The end of the hallway is all lit up, from the lamp in my living room. I remember being frustrated beacuse I never leave my living room lamp on, even when I'm sick. It wastes power, that's not kewl, man.


I reach the end of the hall, and step into my living room. Right in front of me is the 100000 pound desk I got from Bridge that took four guys to move, and hurts something wicked when you hit your elbow on it. A boy is sitting there, he looks maybe 11, on my comphy black computer-chair with no computer, making weepy sniffle noises. In his lap is another boy about one, both of them look very pale, and the older boy is dressed in overals with a greek fishermans cap on his head.


I ask him what's wrong, feeling all dizy because I'm sick, and sounding annoyed because damnit, I hate it when strange little boys cry in my living room in the middle of the night. He tells me his little brother is sick, and I have to give him something to make him better. Fine, I say. Stomping over to the cabinet in the kitchen, I grab a bottle of adult liquid tylenol with about one dose left(something I don't even HAVE) and thrust it at him. Give this too him, I grumble, and leave me alone. I'm sick.


Ahh...I'm such a caring soul. I go back to bed, and pull the covers up over my ears and fall asleep. A while later I feel someone shaking me. Rolling over I see it's the older boy again. I ask him what's wrong, and he tells me the tylenol has worn off, and I have to give him more. Sorry...I say...it's all gone, that's all I have.


He starts wailing and throwing a fit, and I roll over and go back to sleep. The room gets VERY cold, and I gradually wake up. The boy is standing there again, but this time he's all translucent and blue. He's holding his little brother and glaring at me. You killed him, he starts wailing, you didn't give him any more medicine and now we're both dead!


Sorry, I manage to say, trying hard not to open my eyes too wide because the light from his deadlyness hurts. I told you I was all out.


He starts screaming and stuff starts flying all around my room. I'm entirely not feeling well enough to deal with this, so I get up and flick my bedroom light on and it stops. I hear a bunch of banging in my living room, so I decide to turn all my lights on, so maybe the guy will leave me alone. I turn the one in the hall on, and the dining room, and the living room. When I turn around from turning the lamp on (which oddly, is on the opposite side of the room from where it really is) I notice my bedroom, dining room and hall lights have gone off. Frowning, I go back to turn the hall light on, when the living room light starts to flicker and dim. I rush back and turn it on, but it starts faiding and goes off. I twist it a few times, but it never comes back on. I try the hall light, and the bedroom light, but they won't come on eaither.


My house is super dark now, and I'm a little on the freaked side becides feeling like crap. I yell into the empty room that I'm not at all amused by this, and stuff in the corners starts to bang. Figuring I won't get any sleep now, I grab my keys, and go to my Grandmas house. Her front door is wide open, and I turn on all her lights, and her TV (Blue's Clues....geesh) and fall asleep on her couch.


I wake up about dawn, and figure since it's light, I might as well go home. I go home, go back to bed, and wake up again about noon. I walk back to my Grandma's house, and her front door is wide open, and the whole front of her house is windows, no curtains, and I can see all the lights blaring and hear Blue's Clues (still on...) I think nothing of it, and walk to my Moms house.


My mom has two fold up beds unfolded in the driveway. She's in one, and her ex husband is in the other. I walk up to them, and she turns around and asks me what's up. I tell her about my weird night, and going to Grandma's to sleep and going back home. No you didn't, she says, you went over there and watched Blue's Clues....Yeah, I say...and went home. No you didn't, she argues, you went over there and watched Blue's Clues, I can see from here. I turn around and I can see my Grandma's house (which you can't) and the whole side is windows, the lights are all going, and Blue's Clues is on TV, and I'm asleep on the couch.


Then I woke up.


Well...woke up long enough to go..."eh?" and roll back over and have the next one...which was the one that really disturbed me. (TBC...sorry, I feel like creeping crud and I keep coughing up major organs and you'll just have to wait till tomorrow. :) )

No comments: