2.12.2003

Today my AM class is going to be making 'mailboxes' for their Valentines Party on Friday (yes, you're invited, you have to bring a snack though. Make sure it's store bought and pre-packaged, because we all know you want to slip us something in our cupcakes.), I enjoyed doing that in school, it was always alot of fun. I can remember being more happy about making (more happy...aaai!) the mailboxes then actually opening the Valentines. Especally since nobody was ever creative with their Valentines. It was very sad...I did however develop a sick love for conversation hearts in Grade School, so I guess it wasn't all that sad. Well...maybe it was.

After class I have to run back here and finish the curriculum for the month, because I'm lazy (well, more overworked then lazy) and haven't finished it yet. I'm going to be so happy when we get enough students to hire aides and I can start doing the work of one person insted of five. Then I have to run back to school for a student interview (cross those cyber-piggies ok? We need another student something awful.) which hopefully goes well. It's someone looking to enroll their child in a class that's currently not open, so we'll probably get to open another class. Yehaw.

I have to go straight from there to a (coughboringcough) workshop which will include four hours of lecture and two plus hours of 'homework'. They're getting really sick about this 'homework' stuff. There was one session of workshops I was going to do, that ended up being 7 credit hours total, but had you doing about 20 hours of homework along with six classes. I understand they want people to work for their hours, but geesh, some of the stuff they had the poor people doing was insane. (The class was on developing themes in early childhood education, and the focus theme was farm theme, and they had to develop stuff like a complete boardgame, write a 20 page book and illustrate it, blah. It was just bogus, no teacher has the time to create things like books and games from scratch for each unit, that's what people write resource books for.)


I'm all for developing your curriculum just for your class, it's what I do for LKP, but I don't come up with every single thing off the top of my head. I do, however, make most of the worksheets and things because I can rarely find anything that fits to exactly what we're doing. I don't write books or create complete board games from scratch. There is just no way...

No comments: