1.16.2004

I found my frog charm bracelet last night. I know it's boring blog material, but nobody reads this anyway, so what does it matter what I post here?

A few months back I thought for sure that it got accidentally thrown away, and I was developing a twitch at the idea of having to rebuild it from scratch. So, off an on I spent some time surfing charm shop webpages, visiting bead shops and watching E-bay to see how much it was going to cost me to remake the bracelet. Last time, for those who care, it ran me about fifty dollars.

This time, from all the prices, it looked like it was going to run me around seventy. Seventy dollars for fifteen charms and a bracelet! That's nearly eight dollars a charm. For charms that half are smaller then your finger nail. It's disgusting, especially since I used to work in jewelry and know exactly how much all those charms really cost the sellers to purchase. Making a profit is one thing, ripping people off is another.

Lucky for me, last night while I was unpacking a box I found the bracelet. In the same sandwich bag it was in when I lost it. (It was in one, because one of the charms had pulled off it's jump ring while I was at a meeting and I had to stick it in something so I could fix it later. Yes, I have baggies in my purse, no it's not because I keep drugs in them. I keep those in a lipstick case.) Now, I can fix the charm and be on my merry way. Now, I can start a new charm bracelet. I'm thinking, something cute. I have a frog one (this one), a sesame street one, and a moose one (yes, mooses, I couldn't help it, the charms were too darn cute). I built those ones, I have my eye on a pre-built zodiac one, but I'm not sure I'll get it.

Whee! You can never have too many, you know.

Since I'm bored, here are all the charms that are currently on the frog bracelet. This is not including the gemstone drops I've got on there, I can't find those anywhere else. Those deffinatly would have been a pain in the butt, I would have had to order stuff to make them.

Froggy on the Moon

Frogs playing leapfrog

Frog on a lilly pad

Frog on a rocking horse

Just a cute froggy

I also have some others including two frogs hugging and a frog holding a teddy bear. Yes, I'm obsessed, but I can't help it, the cuteness, it's blinding.

No comments: