1.05.2004

My hair froze on the way to work today, it was like straw. How cool is that?

They're closing schools four hours early, and telling people if they have to work past three to get off early because they're expecting a huge storm tonight.

Weather in Oregon, is as usual, very odd.

It started a bit over a week ago. Snowed over night (when they said it wouldn't, of course) a good four inches and over the next two days melted and turned into nasty ice. Then, when it was about completely gone, it snowed again, another five inches, and melted and turned into more nasty ice. Then, when it rained, and was about completely gone by yesterday, it started snowing this morning.

The serious side in me takes over for a sixth of a second, stares out the window and thinks "I'm not going to be able to get anything done in this."

The normal me, the happy, the silly, dorky me. The real me. The one that can make the best situation out of anything, takes it all in stride, and sees the humor in it. The one that has no problem with moving boxes in the heavy falling snow with six inches on the ground because it will be a great challenge and probably quite fun. The me that is perfectly fine with 9 P.M. snowball fights that span the whole neighborhood. The me that is cool with not being able to go anywhere because the UPS man can get anywhere and she'll just order her office supplies off the `net and becides, UPS guys are usally cute anyway. The me some people seem to want so badly to have me pack away in a box and put up on a high shelf somewhere and never take out again because they believe that me being honest and true to who I really am isn't 'adult' or 'responsible' enough because I'm not like them, because I deal with my situations differently then they do, and for me it gets things done, so what should it matter how it gets there?

That one? The real me? She stares out the window, giggles, finds her gloves, and goes outside.

No comments: