1.02.2008

It's been winter now for 11 days, so I figured it was time to get my Winter Reading List up and cracking, before I ran out of time and had to start thinking about the Spring Reading List.

For those of you Figs who don't know, every season I post an ever-growing list of books that I want to read before the season is up. This book contains everything except textbooks directly required for my classes. Everything else, including old textbooks and papers, get added to the list. I also take suggestions for tasty reading.

I read pretty fast, and can usually do 35 - 40 books in a normal season list, and if I'm really reading I can do over 100. Usually though I don't have that kind of time, which makes me sad in my insides.

If I own the books, usually they get released into the wild unknown through Book Crossing when I'm done with them. Two of my books are BC books that I picked up from Wordstock in November and just haven't had a chance to read them.

This seasons list includes medical stuff, non-fiction, fiction of all kinds, cooking books, and of course zombies. I'm looking for a good biography and anything else that you might think would be a fun read.

I add to the list anything I find or read during this time. My deadline for reading them is March 20th, which is the Spring Equinox.

Winter Reading List:


Bad Moon Rising - Katherine Sutcliffe

Beyond Nose-To-Tail:More Omnivorous Recipes for the Adventurous Cook - Henderson & Gellatly

Blue Justice - Illona Haus

Complete Guide MD/PhD Degree - Ben Rosner

Cold Hit - Stephen Cannell

Examkrakers: MCAT study package - Jonathan Orsay

Learning To Play God - Robert Marion

The Last Light of The Sun - Guy Gavriel Kay

The Face of Death - Cody Mcfadyen

The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court - Jeffrey Toobin

Med School Confidential - Miller & Bissell

Tales of the Otori: Across the Nightingale Floor - Lian Hearn

The Wheels of Darkness - Preston & Child

Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver - Arthur Allen

What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations - Cave & Mitchell

Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse - Ben Templesmith

World War Z: An Oral History/Zombie War - Max Brooks


Give me any suggestions you have!

I've finished both Blue Justice and Bad Moon Rising both are junk food fiction, but Bad Moon Rising is much more junkier, and not really in a good way. Technically these would go on the Fall Reading List, since I read them before the 22nd, but I'm a cheater so I'm cheating. It's my list! I can if I wanna!

I enjoyed Blue Justice though, and would say if you're looking for a fun thriller it's worth it. I read them both while delayed in the airport for five hours on my flight home from Vegas. They served their purpose well, and kept me from gouging the eyes out of the other people waiting with me.

No comments: