12.27.2006

Since Christmas dinner was at Robin's house this year, I didn't have to mess with cooking. As sexy as having flour smeared all over your face, and getting burned by splattering fluids from the stove are, it was a nice change, as often I do dinners at my house. Not cooking, Figments, means I don't have to do the dishes, and that is sexy.

When Robin finally gave me the boot from her house, she sent me home with quite a bit of leftovers. Some ham, some turkey (she made both), a whole pumpkin pie (hello ten pounds I lost since October! I missed you so) and a bunch of other side dishes.

I've done the obligatory turkey and ham sandwiches, and I was looking for something different, so I whipped out all the veggies that are otherwise going to rot in the crisper drawer of my fridge, made some biscuit batter, and made turkey and dumplings for dinner. It turned out pretty good Figs, want some?

It only took 30 minutes, Rachel Ray would be proud. It's got potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, carrots, and green beans in it. Of course it has turkey and biscuits in it too. My oven didn't even burn it, which is a shock to me, because usually my oven burns everything within ten minutes of putting it in there. I really need to have it looked at, because it has no temperature control whatsoever.

Since it's just little old me, I don't really cook very often. I don't eat very often, to be honest. I have a horrible habit of buying groceries and then letting them go to sludge in my fridge. It's a habit I'm trying to break, but with all the rushing I do all the time, it's hard for me to come home at night and want to cook for myself. I like myself and all, but sometimes it would be nice to cook for somebody else for a change. Plus, I have horrible table manners, and I often dribble my food all over me, which is just plain rude.

No comments: