7.26.2003

This hours ghost story, remember if you have a ghost story of your own you'd like to share, just send it to me!


Nursing Home

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: guestbook@ghosts.org
address anonymous

About six years ago, I started working as a nurse's aide at a nursing home.

I heard other employees talking about the ghost of a little boy, but I just dismissed the idea. It seems as though every nursing home and hospital has that type of rumor circulating. Anyway, I worked the 3 - 11 shift, and one of my jobs was to put the residents to bed. Most of the residents I took care of had severe cases of Alzheimer's disease. Most were able to talk and carry on a conversation, but if I approached them five minutes later, they had no idea who I was, let alone remember that they had just had a conversation with me. This is important because it proves it was not just a case of the residents trying to pull a fast one on the employees.

I remember the first time I heard one of the residents talk about the little boy. I heard a resident talking to himself in his room, so I went in to see what was going on. I asked him who he was talking to, and he said, "That little boy right there." Of course, I did not see anybody. Another time, a woman was having a hard time sleeping. I asked her what the problem was. "That little boy keeps coming in and talking to me," she said. This type of thing happened to me often - usually at least two or three times a week. It occured with several different residents, not just two or three. And they all described the boy exactly the same. He was about five or six years old, wearing bib overalls, and had black curly hair. He never caused any harm, and there was no physical evidence such as things moving on there own. But it was always the residents who where in a confused state of mind who saw him. Residents who had all their mental capacities never saw him, and neither did employees. I did some research, and found out from some local people who have lived in the area for years that about 50 years ago on Route 66 (which runs right next to the nursing home and is now just a service road) a young boy fitting that description was killed in a car accident.

No comments: