7.26.2003

This time we've got a user submitted story. This one comes from Prana at Pranagraphy.

---

When I was six we moved from Florida to Ohio and lived in what at the time I thought was a big house. There was an extensive basement that not even the adults would go into and a second story which was mostly empty. In one room upstairs there were alcoves on each side of the room because the roof slanted so the walls slanted and created a sort of triangular attic space on either side of the house. We were forbidden to go into the 'attic' because if you fell through the rafter in the 'attic' you would literally fall into the walls and to get out someone would have to lower a rope about twelve feet or tear open the wall on the outside of the house. Needless to say, the idea of being trapped in the walls scared us silly.

It was at this house that I saw my first ghost and had my first taste of the paranormal. For Christmas I had been given a collection of possible porcelain and foam dolls as well as a teddy bear and a large blue rag doll. The teddy bear I named George after my 'imaginary' friend and the doll I gave no name. At night I would surround myself with stuffed animals as I thought they would protect me in my sleep. When I awoke in the morning not only were all my toys gone, all the dolls were in different positions and the blue rag doll was no where to be found. Only George remained in bed with me. I was a little scared but mostly figured that my mom had come in and cleaned while I slept. I looked for the blue rag doll but could not find her so I went out to play. When I returned that night for bed the blue rag doll was on my bed sitting up with her arms and legs folded neatly. Again I assumed my mother had cleaned. I went to bed with my toys around me and George at my side but I put the blue rag doll in the closet under a pile of closed so that she could not move. I also turned all my dolls so they faced the wall and could not watch me while I slept. In the morning I awoke to find all my toys again on the floor, and George at my side. But all my dolls were now facing me. I opened the closet and there sat the rag doll arms and legs folded neatly. I ran to ask my mom if she had been cleaning my room and she swore she hadn't touched it in days. Again that night I followed the same procedure and again I awoke to the dolls facing me, my stuffed animals strewn across the floor and the blue rag doll sitting neatly in the closet. At this point I was very very frightened. I took the blue doll out back and put her in the trash and she was taken to the dump, never to pester me again. Many things happened in the house after that which leads me to believe it was not the doll that was the problem, but the house.

----

Congrats to our 7 PM winner of another pair of vanilla pillar candles Butterfly!

Next drawing will be at 10 PM PST. Don't forget to enter to win some of the other prizes.

No comments: