7.26.2003

This hours ghost story, updated photos and sounds will come next half hour!

Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:05:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: guestbook@ghosts.org
yourname Believer
email LadyRelm2@aol.com

Reading these stories just made me remember an experience that I had buried because it had disturbed me so deeply.

My mother,stepfather, and I were spending the night at my stepfather's mother's house. I am not sure how old the house is, but his mother collects antiques. Her house if full to the brim with them. I was staying in a spare bedroom in between my stepfather's room and his mother's room. His mother's house was far into the country and her only neighbor within miles was an Amish family about 1/2 mile down the road.

The overhead light in my bedroom was an antique chandalier. I am not sure how old it was or it's history. It was cast iron and shaped in a circle. It scared me because it had what looked like daggers even spaced around the circle form of it. Even more disconcerting...it hung just directly over my bed so I would lay in bed and have to stare up at it.

My stepdad is into playing guitars so there were several guitars around the room on stands. Since the room always scared me to death, I would always sleep with a lamp on next to the bed. I laid awake for a long time scared to death because of that chandalier....I am not sure when I feel asleep but as I was sleeping I could hear something going on in the room. I couldn't tell exactly what but as I started to wake up, I could hear things. I could hear a very VERY loud growling. I can't really explain it very well.... it was not like a dog or anything but more gutteral....the closest I can come to it is sort of like a lion. I could also hear a lamb in the background....it was bleating like it was terrified. The other noise that I could hear as I was waking was the guitars. They were all playing but the music coming from them was very course. The more I began to awaken the louder the noise got....as my brain began to make sense of what I was hearing.....I snapped my eyes open and sat up
I sat awake the rest of the night. I was scared to death. No one else had awakened or heard anything.

I found out later that day that the Amish family down the street had lost a lamb that night. The scary part of it was that it just disappeared. Their dogs never barked (nor did my stepdad's dog) and there was no sign of disturbance in the barn or anywhere.

My steddad's mother has never reported anything supernatural from her house. However....I never slept in that bedroom again.

No comments: