3.20.2004

It's the first burn day of the season and there has to be a half a dozen to a dozen fires in the four block area of my neighborhood. It's terrible. The smoke and ash is so thick that it's hard to see anything. I'm hoping someone will call and the local fire department will tell them to knock it the heck off before someone gets sick from smoke inhalation (it could happen, with this much smoke), there is a car accident because there is no visibility, or someone burns down their house.

I think it was a case of monkey see, monkey decide it's a good idea, and everyone went and started burning yard debris. Not that I don't appreciate nice landscaped yards, but this is a bit on the ridiculous side. I feel sorry for anyone with asthma or allergies, they've got to be miserable.

I wanted to weed today, but there is no way I can go outside and do it now. Dangit.

No comments: