3.23.2004

Thanks to Michael (yes, it really is your fault) ever since last summer I've become disgustingly addicted to Anime. I pick a series at random, get the first five episodes (I've found, you can't really judge one until you've seen at least five episodes, because sometimes they change so drastically by the fifth one) and cross my fingers that they're good.

My last batch of downloads included Ayatsuri Sakon, Konjiki No Gash Bell!, Gakkou No Kaidan, and Pita Ten.

Pita Ten isn't finished downloading yet so I have no idea if it's any good.

The other three I got seriously lucky with. Ayatsuri Sakon and Gakkou No Kaidan are both mystery/horror type animes. Although Gakkou leans more towards horror, because it has ghosts. Gakkou is about a bunch of ghosts at a school that were trapped in objects that were all distroyed, and now have to be caught again by a group of students. It's silly scary, and really cute.

Ayatsuri is turning out to be pretty dark, but I really like it. It's about a puppeteer who basically solves mysteries with his puppet. It sounds like it would be zany and aimed more towards kids, but it's not at all. It also has a weirdly catchy opening theme.

Konjiki No Gash Bell! has sort of a Pokemon feel to it, in a vauge way, but in my opinion I find it to be a million times better, and a lot more amusing. It's about the battle to become the King of the Demon world, where 100 demons are sent to earth with spellbooks that can only be used by humans. Gash is one of the demons, and gets paired with a slightly unwilling highschool student. Of course, then you have the obligitory fighting and stuff, it's violent, but not in a violent cruel sort of way.

I am really loving Gash, it's cute (cute cute!) and terribly funny. (Once you get past the nudity in the first two episodes, don't let that put you off if you try it, trust me) The only problem with Gash is that there are supposeadly going to be 50+ episodes, and nearly every one so far has made me cry.

I'm a baby, I can't help it.

So, I'm on episode 24 and I keep checking Anime Suki to see if 25 is listed yet, and it's not, and it's totally driving me batty. So, in the mean time, I'm getting the most recent episode of Kingdom Hospital, which is another post all together.

No comments: