3.22.2004

Moved the images over to another domain until I can renew the other one. so they shouldn't break again anytime soon. Until of course, this other domain expires because I haven't renewed it yet either.

I do a reinforcement system with the YCC. For each thing you do without me having to remind you (signing yourself in to the class, picking up your supplies when class is over), or for going out of your way to help me, or just being generally plesant I give away (or other Center staff can) H.O.M.E Dollars that come in 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. Every six months we have a H.O.M.E Store Party, and you can buy stuff from the H.O.M.E Store with your dollars.

The kids really, really love it, and they do everything possible under the sun to get a 100 from me. Right now only one person has ever gotten one, and they had to clean and rearrange the entire classroom to get it. This is because I am evil, and it gives me some weird thrill to watch kids scramble around to try and get the most dollars possible before the Store opens. (They have until October 31st, in which we have our Halloween Party and the Store opens for the first time.)

Yesterday, as I went to go track down the H.O.M.E Dollars to give everyone I found that not only is the entire container with all the dollars missing, the account book (I keep track of who got what when and why) is gone too.

Dangit. So, I don't know if someone moved it to get into their accounts (each kid has a 9'x12" envelope they've decorated that serves as their 'dollar account') and just didn't put it back, or if someone threw it away (??) or what.

I don't think anyone stole them, it doesn't matter if they did anyway because they won't be usable (they have to be filled out with the childs name and then signed and dated by the person giving them) and it's not like I don't know who has what, and won't notice if someone comes to the Store with zillion dollars.

Now I either have to find it, or go through the trouble of printing all those dollars again (I designed them, hopefully I saved them). It's frustrating, I just wish people would leave stuff on my shelves on my shelves. :(

No comments: