1.05.2006

One of my goals for this year is to set up a very small balcony garden, so I can grow some fresh tomatoes and maybe some herbs. Contrary to popular belief, I have a pretty wicked green thumb. Heck, I have a decorative 'tree' that's just a bunch of birch limbs spray painted silver with gold bows in a pot of florists foam that's sprouted roots and leaves. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but gee, if I can make desecrated limbs that have been tagged silver grow, I can surely make tomatoes grow with my magical mad phat plant growing powers!

Here's the thing: I've done ground gardens, and raised bed gardens, but never a pot or troph type garden. Have any of you ever set up something like this? Do you know how to go about it? Especially with drainage and soil nutrients. What's the best way to set something like this up? Especially since I have a patio right under my balcony, I don't want water dripping all over their stuff down there all the time. Urine yes, water from pots no.

Plus, what should I plant? Any suggestions? Anyone?

HotD:

It's not even ten.
I am not a party girl,
I'm going to bed.

No comments: