1.01.2006

Today, with the birth of a new year, NaNoWriYe officially started. NaNoWriYe is National Novel Writing Year. Which is basically National Novel Writing Month, but in a year, and you can pick the amount of words you want to write. From 50,000 to 3 million. Yes, 3 million. No, I didn't sign up for it.

All you have to do is send in your monthly wordcount to the person leading your 'club' (the amount of words you're writing) at the end of the month, and then the whole thing at the end of the year.

This year I'm writing 100,000 words, which is only 273 words a day. That is only about 15 minutes of writing a day, which I can do no problem. Honest. In fact, I've already written 349 words. I think smaller day goals are better for me, because if I have too many words I get overwhelmed with the "have to write" and then I can't write. With having only 273 words (which is like five paragraphs or something) I can just blurt it out there and write more if I want to. Plus, having a year means that I can tweak and edit to my twisted little hearts content, which is part of what kills me about NaNoWriMo.

I will, most likely, be posting the novel to my various writing groups, and will send it to you, my dear figments, if you're interested. I'll be doing it at the end of each month. Just give me your E-mail and let me know that you want a copy.

Good times, figments. Good times.

Another storm front is moving in off the coast, and things are getting mighty blustery outside, adding more rain to the already flooded streets and some nice wind gusts. If you live in my area, be careful if you're driving anywhere, yeah? I need all you figments intact, otherwise who else will read this garbage?

No comments: