1.17.2006

Swimming, is by far, one of the funnest (funnest is so a word, hush it) weekly activities I do. Granted, I do more laughing and swallowing of water then I do actual laps, but in my mind, laughing while in the pool burns just as many calories as a zillion laps does...maybe even more.

I don't even mind going at 9, and not getting home until 11. I'm not so old that I can't stay up until 11, right? Even if I do have to be up some mornings at 4 AM...and early mornings make me a big crank. Mmm...crank...I mean, drugs are bad, don't do drugs.

My goal with swimming, however, is to be able to do at least two miles a night by the end of this term. It's not going to happen. Not because I can't, but because I'm so easily distracted my swim buddies' fantastical wit and cute swimmer guys doing laps. The young swimmer guys, not the old ones, lets just get that straight right now.

I just have one question: why is it people insist on wandering around the locker room naked, and then squatting? Seriously. I mean, it's not like they've got parts that I don't see on a daily basis, but it still totally heebies me out.

Just curious. Though, I bet the whole squatting thing would be much more uncomfortable in the guys locker room. Thank Jebus for small favors, I suppose.

No comments: