1.28.2006

Since I very rarely get to see all of my family in one spot, it was really fun today to spend the day with them being childish.

Robin came by with the majority of my siblings for some help with some health assignments, and then we decided to run out and grab some lunch. I also got two (two! Talk about splurging) pairs of new shoes because I completely killed my last pair of tennies yesterday by ripping the entire left side out of my left shoe.

We grabbed some Chinese at a buffet place we like that actually has good Chinese buffet food. I always feel so wasteful at buffet places though.

Then afterwards we all decided to revert completely to nine year olds and go to Wunderland, a five-cent arcade that, like most arcades, is loud, stuffy and smells of kid-sweat. It was a blast. They have a Dance Dance Revolution machine (not my favorite remix, but hey, DDR is DDR), so I spent the majority of the time playing rounds of DDR, shooting zombies in House of the Dead (my second favorite arcade game) and giving the evil eye to my arch-nemesis, skeetball.

All in all, it was a hoot. Those five-cent places are killer though, it's easy to buy twenty bucks worth of nickels before you even realize what you're doing. No, I did not spend twenty bucks in the DDR machine...I only spent like five bucks in it...so there. I play a pretty mean game of DDR, people. Partly though because I cheat and play it at home, but the Playstation version is nothing like the arcade machine. Those arcade machines, they are addictive. Think I could get away with buying one, instead of paying my rent this month...and next? Yeah? Oh...nah, I didn't think so either.

Now, I'm going to spend the rest of my Saturday doing absolutely nothing productive at all. I so rarely have time to myself where I don't have to be somewhere or do something, I want to take advantage of it while I've got it. Plus, I've got all those tasty, tasty books to read. Mmm...books.

HotD:

It's raining outside.
Little droppies falling fast,
Plunking on the roof.

No comments: