1.17.2006

So, I've read 12 out of the 58 books on my Winter Reading List, which isn't bad for a list that is only four weeks old. That comes out to three books a week, which is really good considering I work three jobs and go to school full time...and whatever else. Yes, so I spend a lot of my time at one job reading, but that's a defense mechanism to save me from the brain melting westerns. I also read with mutant-like speed, it's the only thing I've got going for me.

Last night I finally read Alice Seabold's The Lovely Bones in one sitting. Much like Savanna said I would, I bawled like a gigantic baby through the majority of it. I do have to say though, it's one of the few books that has actually lived up to it's hype for me. I really enjoyed it. I have a tendency to stay away from hyped books because they're never as good as people say they are.

I guess somehow judging a book by it's hype is probably akin to judging a book by it's cover.

Now (aside from Jane Eyre which I'm reading for a class, and am loving!) I am finishing up Pride and Prejudice and starting Emma Donoghue's Life Mask I read Slammerkin and liked it, so I'm hoping this next book of Donoghues will be just as good.

Man, I'm such a nerd.

No comments: