8.01.2006

I've added a sidebar for Tasty Books that I plan on reading through the rest of summer. Here they are thus far:

Legacy of Masks - Sallie Bissell
Deception Point - Dan Brown
Sweet Dreams, Irene - Jan Burke
Storm Front - Jim Butcher
Lost Lake - Phillip Margolin
Black Water - T.J. MacGregor
Carter Street Hangman - Anne Perry
Book of The Dead - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
Cabinet of Curiosities - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
Dance of Death - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
Relic - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
The 1st Deadly Sin - Lawrence Sanders
The 2nd Deadly Sin - Lawrence Sanders
Crow In Stolen Colors - Marcia Simpson
Sound Tracks - Marcia Simpson
The Beach Road - James Patterson
Three Days To Never - Tim Powers

I am looking for more suggestions for books to add. Most of the books I have here are fantastic junk food books (books that are fun and quick to read but most likely have very little substance) although Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (my two new favorite authors...viva le Agent Pendergast!) write some pretty damn good stories.

As many of you Figments know, reading inhumanly fast is my super-secret mutant power. On average can get through a 250-300 page book in about an hour to an hour and a half. When I get going, I can read a little over 1000 wpm, which is nutso, as the average is about 200-350 wpm. Reading fast is really the only thing I've got going for me. Seriously, I'm a freak of nature.

With the current list I have, all but six of these books are in my possession, and I will most likely have them done within the next week, so I really need some more suggestions on what to read.

So throw them at me, Figments! I will read anything, fiction, non-fiction, you name it. I'd prefer stuff that won't bore me to sleep, with a decent plot and characters that do not make me want to rip my eyeballs from their sockets, but I trust your judgment Figments.

If you don't give me suggestions I'll be forced to pick books at random, and although sometimes those give good results (like Mr. Preston and Mr. Child's books) sometimes it's just a very bad, bad thing.

I'm counting on you.

No comments: