4.19.2004

I owe you guys a bean dip recipe, don't I? Maybe I don't want to share my faboo recipe for faboo bean dip. It's really the only thing I've got going for me.

Faboo Bean Dip:

This is terribly simple and won't take long to make. It also makes a huge amount, the reason being is because I always make it for parties so in order to feed the masses, you have to make a ton of it. You can cut it down to whatever amount you need. I won't mind.

You Need -
1 (32 oz) can of refried beans, whichever brand trips your trigger
1 (32 oz) container of sour cream
1 container of salsa (I use a local company that cold-stores their salsa, but you can use a jar kind, if you like)
2 cans olives, one chopped one sliced
1 medium onion
1 medium tomato
2 avocados
1 small green pepper
1 (2 lb) bag of shredded cheese, I like the five cheese blend myself
A microwave
A huge bowl, because this stuff will magically expand

Worry not, you won't use all of this stuff, unless you're making a huge bowl of it.

Open your beans, and put them in your bowl, stir them around so they're not the huge clump that comes out of the can. Stick them in the microwave on high for about 5 minutes, stir, and place back in for another 5. Watch them so they don't explode. If they explode because you didn't watch them, it's not my fault and I won't clean your microwave.

You want them heated all the way through, so they get all smooth and creamy like they do when they're hot. I'm sure there is some technical cooking term for that, but, I don't know it.

While the beans are cooking, dice your tomato, onion, green pepper, and avocado and throw them all in the same bowl, and toss them together. Set aside about a quarter of this.

Pull your beans out and add about 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 of cheese, the can of chopped olives, and 1/4th of a cup of salsa to the beans. Stir. Throw it back in the microwave and cook it until it's heated and the cheese is melted, usually about 10 minutes. Stir it about every three minutes.

Pull it back out, and top it with alternating layers of sour cream, cheese, salsa, and the mixture of chopped veggies. Try and end with sour cream. Once it's all topped, top it with the quarter of the veggies you set aside, and a big glob of sour cream and salsa in the middle, top that glob with the sliced olives.

See, simple stuff. Serve it WARM (otherwise it's just not as good) with your favorite chips.

It's death, really, but it tastes so dang yummy. Now I want some.

No comments: