4.02.2004

So classes are all straightened out and settled now, books have all finally been purchased so I can get down to the nearly week behind homework that has been plaguing my sleep.

After fixing all my stuff out at the college, we went over to Jackie's where Robin ended up catching a someone's parakeet that had escaped. Since we couldn't find who it belonged to, and it was hurt (looks like a cat had gotten it's wing), she took it home with her. It's very cute, but she says it must have been loose for over a week, because it was so hungry.

At WinCo I picked up a slew of bulk candy and things for the Egg Hunt at the Center, that yours truly is both organizing and executing. So far I've got about 200 eggs, I'm hoping to get 200 more before Easter. It may sound like a lot, but when you break it down, 400 eggs only turns out to be about 20 eggs per kids if there are 20 kids, and I'm expecting anywhere from 20 to 30, so I am going to need more then 200.

So far I have candy (ten pounds of it), stickers, and H.O.M.E Dollars (the fake money used to buy things from the YCC store) to put inside them. I'm also going to put in real money (in the form of change, of course, and one egg with five dollars) and slips they can redeem for prize bags. So far I have three foot long licorice whips and jaw breakers the size of your fist to put in the prize bags.

I am a parents worst nightmare, and I love it.

I'm going to pick up some things at the dollar store (I heart) for the bags too. Chocolate bunnies, sun glasses, pencils, erasers, those stupid light up bunny necklaces. Stuff that not only thrills children to pieces, but won't cost me more then ten bucks for the whole shebang.

I also have a conference call for this evening about the YCC representing the Center in the upcoming Iris Parade. So, you all practice your pretty pageant waves and then come be in the parade with us. I'll even let you hand out the candy (it's illegal to throw it, stupid but true) if you promise not to eat it all, that is.

No comments: