4.06.2004

The other day while I was waiting for slow people to get out of the car at the grocery store, I glanced over across the little lane at a man putting groceries in the back of his truck. I noticed he had a child in one of those carts they make with the baby seats in them. I glanced down the lane and saw a woman coming down with another cart full of groceries and another kid shooting me dirty looks. The lady came up to the truck and turned and gave me another terrible dirty look, then grabbing the guy by his shirt, proceeded to pull him down and flaunt an unnecessary public display of affection to the parking lot. Then, shoving him away from her, she turned and glared at me.

In the tradition of Jerry Springer "He be my man."

Yeah lady, like I was really scoping out your boyfriendorhusbandorwhoever in the parking lot of WinCo. You can have him, and all your little raggamuffins, I promise I don't want them.

Geesh.

I spent two hours yesterday stuffing candy (roughly ten pounds), stickers, H.O.M.E Dollars (fake money used to buy stuff in the YCC store), and prize tickets (one for each of the 26 prizes) into a zillion plastic eggs yesterday. I'm thinking of going and picking up some more, the only thing that is stopping me is not knowing how many kids will be at the egg hunt.

Right now there will be roughly 10 eggs per kid, which isn't really a whole lot (hence the large amounts of prize tickets and candy), but I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and get another 100 eggs and making it 15 per kid. I've got the eggs split into younger kids and older kids, since their hunts are at two different spots.

I also have about 20 eggs that are empty because I ran out of candy. The more I thought about it, the more I was tempted to put things like nothing, empty candy wrappers, floss, and coupons for thirty cents off your next bikini wax in them, but my good side eventually won, and I didn't.

I should go get more eggs, but, again the only thing stopping me (and at the same time, making me think I should get more eggs) is there could be anywhere from a dozen to fourty kids at this hunt. Oh, the choices. I probably will go ahead and do it anyway, you can never have too much teeth rotting goodness at Easter! Jesus would have wanted it this way.

No comments: