5.20.2004

If you haven't seen it, this is probably one of the best 'reality' shows on television right now. It's really interesting to see how people (who come from upper middle class families who've never had to do anything a day in their lives) deal with not only the physical demands of living in 1682, but the psychological demands of having to align themselves with the thoughts and rules of the Puritans, who were absolutely crazy.

Like all reality shows, they cry a lot. Especally when they have to milk goats, or pack water, or get out of bed.

There are only eight episodes, and they've already played four, so hopefully if you haven't seen it and want to, you can check your local PBS to see if they're repeating them so you can watch it too.

I hate reality shows, but I like this one. Maybe it's just that deep down I just like to gloat because I've cooked over an open fire and lived without power and had to pack water for years, and I can do it without crying.

No comments: