5.29.2004

In the start of getting things off my 'Things To Do Before I Die' list, I'm tackling two this week.

The first: #24 on my list, bowling. I've never been, and so, as the YCC Spring FT, we're going to a local bowling alley to see how well I stack up to a bunch of middle schoolers. We leave at 9:30 tomorrow morning and bowl until 1. Do pray for me.

The second: #39, making a quilt. Although I've sewn pillows and shirts before, I've never tackled a project like a quilt. The quilt I'm making is this one and it's super nifty. The really cool thing about this project, other then it's so simple even I can do it without sewing my fingers together, is that it's made from old jeans. What's even cooler, is this:

A few years back my Grandfather passed away from pneumonia that he got from a lowered immune system thanks to Chemo. My Grandpa was an amazing man, and probably one of the biggest influences on my life. I miss him terribly. My Grams kept all his old jeans, and gave the jeans to me to make my quilt with. So, I get to make a Grandpa Jeans quilt. I am totally stoked about it.

Anyway, I'm planning on the beginning stages of cutting (I've already got the patterns and supplies) this week, but no major work on it until Finals Week is over with.

It would be really cool to have finished (maybe with some neat matching fringy pillow cases) by the time I decide what my plan is in August.

I got an invite from my brother to move in with him and his fiancee in a three-story house they share with a few other people. Two are moving out and it's opening up a few rooms. I've been offered a room with a balcony, bathroom and walk in closet. Although it's not my own place, it would be nice to have my own bathroom again. That, and it's close to U of O, which as not my first choice (OSU was) it's still a good school. Being right there in Eugene, next to not only a community college, but a four year that I can transfer right into, is very tempting. (I would have had to commute every day to OSU, which is about a 80 mile trip there and back each day I have classes)

The guys are moving out in August so I'm going to make a trip to visit soon and see if it would work out, and if the offer still stands probably make my choice within the next month or so. It hinges on a lot of things, like if I can bring Shauna (the dog that doesn't belong to me but lives with me anyway), if my FA and transcripts and program can transfer over easily enough, and if I can find work down there part time to support rent and other bills while I run my part of my business down there, since PST can't support a third set of upkeep bills right now, because all revenue is going for upkeep and expanding. Plus, it's easier to keep stuff, like a cell phone, which I'll use for other things then PST, separate for tax reasons. (I'm not even supposed to be using Guido for anything but PST, because the IRS gets all weird about it, but shhh...don't tell anyone.)

Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly I'll do, but it is a good option to think about.

No comments: