7.20.2001

So today I was attacked because of the `Thon.


Someone on one of the lists we sent the letter to, a Ghost Hunting list, decided that I was a terrible person for asking for donations or support for this.


Another person accused me of being a 11 year old child, and I should be forgiven for my 'good cause'


Another said I should be drawn and quatered.


Another demanded my apologies


Only one person stood up for me, and I thank them very much for it. Thank you for seeing my side, and that I only wish to help.


As much faith as this has given me for the people who want to help, it hurts to see how many very angry and spiteful people there are out there who are more upset over the letter they got in the mailbox then the family starving just a house away.


I do not care if people don't donate, that's not why I wrote. Hell, I've got four people, more then I dreamed I would! I just thought people in those circles would like to see something that was along their alley. To attack me, belittle my cause, to try and wreck my spirit is wrong. I, and no one else in the world, deserves that from anyone.
I pray, that someday someone shows them as much kindness and love as the people doing the blogathon are showing.

No comments: