6.15.2004

A computer was unceremoniously dropped off here a few days ago in the hopes that I could fix whatever in the world is wrong with it. I don't know how I became everyone and their Uncles' red headed step-child's Computer Tech, but here I am.

I am now convinced, after a slew of trial, error, and attempts to pry my own fingernails off in frustration, that I have to uninstall and re-install Dial Up Networking.

This is scary. I don't like the idea of removing files that could potentially make Windows decide to go belly-up (it does that just fine on it's own, it doesn't need any extra help from me). On my own computer? Yeah, alright, I can handle that. I would cry, but I'm pretty sure I would live. On someone elses though? The thought is terrifying, mostly because I have no interest in buying them a new system.

So, as soon as I'm done working for today it's off I go to try and see if I can get plumes of rainbow colored smoke to come out of the tower. Wish me luck, yeah?

A haiku for today:
Hate Thee Microsoft!
With your faulty softwareness,
And stupid ding sounds.


No comments: