6.22.2004

I'm currently in the process of planning a camp out for the YCC that will take place sometime in July or August depending on what the final plans are. (OMSI is currently having a camp-in where you get to sleep in the submarine they have on display there, it's very tempting, but is also 45 dollars a person.)

This thing started from a simple sleepover at the Center into a possible two/three day trip. The Center has had (has had...ah) wonderful luck with their adult camp outs in the past, so I figure, the YCC camp out should be just as successful. It will be a good way to spend a few days this summer.

I am looking for a few brave and patient adults to accompany me on this trip, so if you're interested (and don't mind spending two days straight with a couple dozen kids) and are in the area drop me a line. We're going to stay in teepees. It's really cool, then again, I'm really nine years old and just pretending to be twenty-four, so of course I think so.

The only thing that has me worried is the possible possibility of possible outhouses. I have Sanophobia, I've tried something for it but it just didn't work. Outhouses are terrifying. I think it stems from far too many horror movies in which people are grabbed down through dark holes in shabby wooden buildings to their sewage-laced doom. I'm also unsettled by public restrooms, not just because they're disgusting, but because they're scary.

In other news, I have FA papers to drop off tomorrow so I get funding for next term. It would be a shame to not be able to go in Fall because I didn't get the proof that they gave me funding last term to them. I have a couple appointments in the morning beyond that for work, and then I get to spend the rest of the day finishing up some courses that are due up before the end of the month.

I am so, so very boring. And with that lousy update on my extremely norm life, I leave you with the haiku of the day:

Outhouses are bad!
You can fall in them and die,
Drowning from the sludge.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 93

No comments: