6.28.2004

I'm pleased to announce the victors of the Balloonympics were The Carnivores, triumphing over The Chia Pets 6 to 5. One point victories are always the sweetest. I'd also like to mention now, that I did not pick their team names, they named themselves.

It was a close one though, in most of the games they played (Three rounds of seven different games and then a war) they ended up tied, the teams were pretty even too, which was surprising because I let the team captains pick team members, instead of just having them do a random draw. They even picked the four-year-olds, I was so proud.

It was absolutely a big hit, they even asked for a 'rematch' Balloonympics in August. The Chia Pets were pretty sad about losing, but they perked up when I gave out the prizes. All in all I gave away about 2000 dollars (Not real money, mind you, but the money the YCC uses in the YCC Store. It's almost as good, because I sell high quality junk). Prizes were 100 bucks to everyone who played, 20 to each on the winning team, and then 10 dollar prizes for things I made up as I was filling them out. These were like "Best Balloon Sitter" and "Best Wetter Getter". My personal favorite was "Best Chin Balloon Passer", it takes talent, you know, to pass a balloon with your chin.

I only got hit in the face with one balloon, and although I was asked repeatedly "Can I hit you?" nobody really did. (because I told them no, because I'm seriously mean like that) So, I didn't end up as wet as I thought I would, it was more like a consistent dampness then a complete soaking. Please refrain from any jokes, I promise you I've exhausted them all.

Also, the camping trip is a go, if anyone wants to tag along. July 17th, you don't even have to bring a tent, because I've secured a huge two-room one. Oh, and I'm making s'mores. How can you turn that down?

My lips are so chapped that they bleed when I talk. I swear this is not related to the ship of sailors that I visited recently. I have some Burts Bees lip balm stuff, it seems to be helping. It's rather unattractive to be talking to someone and have blood trickling down your chin, people start to get the wrong impressions of you.

About the movie - I'll just post what I've been telling everyone: no matter what your political leanings everyone should see the movie. Even if it is biased against Bush, there is still truth in there that everyone deserves to know. Just go see it, and form an opinion for yourself. Don't just take the word of the government because they're the government, or the media because their the media, or other reviewers. If that's not enough for you, here is a fun snippet of information from Harper's Index:

Minimum number of misleading statements on Iraq made by the Bush Administration's top officials since March 2002 : 237 [Committee on Government Reform (Washington, D.C.) ]

All the more reason just go see it and form an opinion on what you think, instead of being told it. Besides, sheepyness isn't as sexy as some people think it is.


Now, I'm off to the bank and to the feed store. If you're wondering, I go to the feed store not to play with the squeaky dog toys (honest) but to buy animal food. The squeaky dog toys are just an added bonus.

I had something else to post about, but I'll do it later. For now, it's time for the haiku of the day:
I like home shopping.
It's like going to the store,
Without all the smells.

Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 84

No comments: