6.24.2004

Part of the Runlk (that's a mixture of walking and pathetic "running" I do in the morning. The running part is more lies then actual running) I do every day consists of walking around a local schools track. Four times around the track = one mile. Yes, this is cheating, but if I actually walk the two and some odd miles through neighborhoods I get distracted by peeping in uncurtained windows, and if I'm caught doing that again, I violate my parole.

Walking around this thing over and over makes me dizzy. About the ninth time around I'm starting to think it's time to get off the ride. Plus, it turns my shoes red. The track isn't one of those fancy-shamshy tracks that are paved or even covered with that rubber stuff they cover playgrounds with. Nope, it's good covered by good ole fashioned house-of-ill-repute sawdust. This isn't so bad, as long as you don't walk around it with bare feet. Trust me on that one.

There is a sawdust/barkdust mill around here, and they have huge piles of the stuff just glistening in the sun. It just sits there, and nobody pays attention to it. I always wondered what it would be like to sneak in and sled down one of those five story high piles of sawdust. Painful, itchy and probably conjuring a few tears, but would the rush of sliding down a huge mountain of sawdust be worth it? Would it? Would you make it to the bottom, or would you get stuck somewhere in the middle and sink down inside the pile of quickdust until you drowned? How would you climb up to the top without sliding back down? How would you get it out of your hair? I'll pay someone two bucks and a cookie to find out for me.

Anyway, I should quit posting blathering nonsense and get back to work. I'm sorry I don't have more witty or thought provoking things to talk about, I promise to work harder on that tomorrow, or maybe the next day.

Oh, before I forget: Hark! Tis Yon Haiku of Thy Day! -

I have some good tea,
It has vanilla and mint,
And if I drank, Schnapps.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 88

No comments: