7.19.2004

The camp out went really well, for the kids anyway. They enjoyed it so much that they've asked me to hold a second one at the end of summer. So, I'll probably do that, but I think at a camp ground. One with high cliffs that are prone to 'accidents'. I'll probably schedule it for the weekend before Labor Day weekend, that way it's close enough to the end of summer to be the end of summer, but not so close that it makes the kids unable to function on the first day of school. (Most kids here go back the day after Labor Day, I don't know where they go back other places.) See, deep down I am thoughtful.
 
The camp out for me however just turned me into a great big blob of mosquito dinner. I didn't get to sleep until 4 A.M. and got up at 6 and my sleeping bag was directly over a lump which I swear moved periodically throughout the two hours of sleep I did get. This was all a given though, I didn't expect anything less. Besides that, we had a lot of fun. I wish I had brought my fireworks though, of course, that means you risk spending the rest of the camp out watching the native fauna in the local E.R.
 
Something interesting? One of the campers had a dream, and over breakfast we had a conversation about it:
 

Rach: I had a dream last night; Sara was the queen of the world, Elaine was her poodle, Jamie was the jailer and Sarah was a concession stand worker.
 
Sarah: Great - Hey! You want some fries with that?
 
Me: Why was I the jailer? Am I that mean?
 
Buddy: Yes. You're soo mean.
 
Sarah:  I can see it now "You're free! You're free! Oh, Mister Convict, it's ok, I'll let you go. I know deep down in you're heart your a good person, even if you are an axe murder."
 
Me: Yeah, that's probably how it would go.

 
See? I can't even scare a bunch of kids. I'm pretty pathetic. It's probably why they don't take me seriously when I tell them to do something. I tell them I'm going to sell them to gypsies and they just laugh at me. It hurts a little.
 
Now I'm back plugging away at trying to appear busy when I'm really not doing anything of worth at all. I hope to get so far ahead of my projected work that by the time classes start again (Sept. 27th) I'm beyond where I need to be so I can cut myself some slack in the work department and not worry about getting desperately behind. It's a good plan in theory, it's just pulling it off that's the bother. It means I have to work doubly (doubly!) hard and I am just so lazy that I'm not even sure that it's possible. 
 
We've made $30.00 so far for the YCC, if you can sponsor us doing Project Blog, please go to their website and do so. I'll love you forever and ever and ever!
 
In other news, I just received a letter inviting me to join Phi Theta Kappa, an honor society. I'm going to fill out the application and turn it in at the end of the week. I figure, what can it hurt? It'll look good, it sounds good, and as you all know, it's required that you join at least one thing that's named in Greek during college, even if you make it up.
 
A haiku for you:
 
I am so itchy.
They are all out to get me,
Vampiric buggies.

 
Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 71

 





No comments: