7.26.2004

While dropping Lane off at Volleyball camp at college this morning I noticed two very cute, very black (very well kept) poodles running wild around campus. Both had collars and tags, and one was dragging around half of a lead that looked like it was snapped off.

There is some kind of wicked bad karma that comes from ignoring escaped dogvics on the side of the road, you know. It's like, a quarter of a century in the hell that's non-stop polka music and blood sausage.

So, we pulled over and clicked the emergency blinkers on and attempted to get them to stand still for one minute to see who they belonged to, but they were obviously way too thrilled at their little taste of freedom. The naughty pups wouldn't stay in one spot. If I was a dog, and I was going to break my lead and run away, I'd go someplace fun, like the backdoor of a Wendy's and beg for free chicken sandwiches and a Mister Frosty.

Since we couldn't get close enough to them to see who they belong to because obviously anyone approaching them is coming to play with them, not to take them home. And didn't they want us to run away so they can chase us when we look coyly back over our cute little curly haired rumps at them?

So, abandoning that idea, we told Campus Security (who said they'd been chasing them all morning but lost track of them, which was nuts, because they were not more then ten yards from the front door of the building Security is in. Maybe they were frustrated because they couldn't catch them either?) and CS said they'd contact Animal Control and have them take the doggies home.

I hope that they did, I couldn't stick around to find out, since I had to go buy dog food for my own very naughty doggy at home. I hate the idea of dogs just running wild on the side of a busy road. They're much, much cuter alive then squashed.

Project Blog went alright. We raised about $60.00 which isn't fantastic but it doesn't suck gravy either. I ended up getting a few hours sleep and then sleeping pretty hard last night. I would have slept better with a sailor, but what can a girl do, right?

I have completely renewed my deep and vile loathing of my computer chair. I would burn it, but that would leave me sitting on the floor and probably wouldn't be any more comfortable then this worthless hunk of faux-leather covered torture device is. I'm going to get a new one as soon as I can afford it. You know your chair is bad when sitting in it for longer then 20 minutes makes your butt fall asleep.

Oy, I almost forgot: a haiku -


Wallgreens has soda.
Their own brand of rootbeer stuff,
Tastes like stewed sweat socks.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 68

No comments: