7.12.2004

Fred and I, and perhaps Karanani if she decides to, are going to be signing up today or tomorrow for Project Blog, the stand in charity event for this years Blogathon.

I think we will be blogging for donations to the H.O.M.E Center YCC, which is seriously in need of funds to continue the work we do throughout the fall. I know, because I work for them.

For those of you who don't know, the YCC is a non-profit children's activity class that accepts all ages. We do crafts, field trips, have guest speakers, and whatnot. I'm working towards expanding this program to meet two or three more times during the week, and hopefully the Center will expand enough that we get a facility (or part of one) that's just ours.

Our group was going to do something with movies, but involves nearly $50 dollars worth of movie rentals, and it's just not something this broke little self-employed chicky can afford. So, instead, we think we'll be basement-dwelling Otakus (which is hard, because I have not a basement) and watch 24 hours of Anime.

You can not get any geeker then that, my friends.

We will be watching the first five episodes of 11 shows and posting our worthless thoughts, comments and opinions on them. It's going to be done on Digital Spam (not the domain though, because unfortunately I haven't been able to steal it back from whoever bought it out from under me) and will be just really laid back and fun.

If you'd like to join us (and you're very welcome), just Email me or leave a comment (leave a comment anyway, this no comments even though I get a good bunch of hits a day is really starting to get me down, people. I'm even more boring then, and you don't want that.) and I'll send you an invite to join DS, what anime we'll be watching and where to get it, and more info like that there.

If you don't want to join us, but would like to sponsor us (and please do, as we have no sponsors because we're joining less then two weeks before it starts) drop me a note or watch for a sponsor button coming soon. We don't have a goal, but we'd appreciate anything you can give.

Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 74

No comments: