7.23.2004

It's going to be hot again today. Yesterday was 98, which was gross. Today is supposed to be 103-105, which is going to be miserable. If you find a gooey puddle on the floor of my office, that was me. Just mop me up and throw me out.

Thanks to the heat, and the lack of AC (It's just not economical enough to justify having it when in reality, only a handful of days out of the year are this hot here) and of course, all the electronics and the windows that don't open, it means my office is sure to reach about 120/130 in here today. I should put my digital thingies in here and see how hot it gets, and then take a picture. About two in the afternoon it starts getting bad enough that you really can't even sit in here anymore. By four it's completely unbearable.

This, of course, is a fantastic excuse to not get any work done past noon.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do Project Blog, because it's supposed to be 100 tomorrow and nearly that on Sunday, and even with fans, it is still very uncomfortable (and unattractive - because sweat is not pretty) to sit in here. I need to finish getting the layouts done. We will be at Digital Spam starting at 6 AM tomorrow. If you can sponsor us please do, so far we've only made $30.00. I'd love to make about $100 if possible. One hundred bucks equals one month of activities and snacks for the class.

I've got all the rest of the anime downloading, so I have absolutely no bandwidth. I feel like I'm back in the days of the Dinosaurs and using dial-up. We haven't figured out our schedule for the thing, but as soon as I know it I'll post it, because I know you're waiting with baited breath.

I'm off to try and get some work done before I have to abandon poor Guido to the heat.

Oooo....wait, someone just invited me to go swimming. Screw work, I'm going to go do that.

The haiku OTD:

Chlorine in my eyes,
Water up my nose and ears,
Ah! Swimming! How fun.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 70

No comments: