7.14.2004

I've filled out all the scary I-need-money papers for college for this year, it's amazing how nerve wracking this stuff can be. I feel like I'm signing my soul away on some of it - especially the loans. I don't like owing people money, and I really don't like owing people money when I don't have money to pay them, so volunteering slashing my X on a line that willingly makes me owe people money, when I know right now I don't have it to pay back, gives me hives. Big ones, with green oozing puss. That talk.

Unfortunately, this is the only way I'll get to go, so that's the way it has to be. Luckily, I do quality for Federal Aid, so the loans are subsidized a bit. I also got a grant because of my GPA, can't beat that. People should give me even more money for being so fabulous, I wouldn't say no.

I have to go drop them off at the college sometime today. Probably have to pry the papers from myself to give them to the people in the office. I just have to keep reminding myself that I really do want to finish this degree and go to Med School, and the only way to get there is to rack up a huge personal debt that. A debt that I'll never be able to pay completely off because by the time I'm finally done with the zillion years of schooling I have left, it'll be over a million dollars, the soul of my first-born, and a kidney.

See, it's worth it.

A haiku, yo:

Ally is very mad.
She's funny when she is angry,
but also way scary.
 
Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 73



No comments: